Wednesday, November 17, 2010

FALLing





In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


So I couldn’t stop starting at this tree as I drove home from work.

I mean, it looked normal…but there was so much more to it. Half of its leaves had already fallen off.

I knew it looked like something…but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it…

AHA! Now I remembered what it reminded me of!

Have you ever seen a diagram of a human lung? Well in case you haven’t, here: http://www.shoppingtrolley.net/images/anatomy/lungs.jpg

The branches, and the twigs, and the few remaining leaves on the tree, looked exactly like the bronchi and the corresponding bronchioles, with the Alveoli hanging off at the end.

And then I thought to myself, just like the lungs are the respiratory center for the body, so too are the trees for this place called ‘Earth’.

Amazing.

And then I thought about all those leaves that die annually during this time of the year…all of them falling to their graves. It’s funny how the extraordinary beauty of their changing colors is just another symptom of their terminal illness.

And just like those same leaves that are ultimately blown off the trees by the freeblowing wind, so too are men destroyed when they heedlessly follow nothing but their desires, going wherever their whims take them…

Look past the illusion.

“Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of Night and Day,― there are indeed Signs for men of understanding.― Men who celebrate the praises of Allah standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth, (with the thought): "Our Lord! not for naught hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire.” (3:190-191)

Any goodness in this post is from The Creator, The Bestower of form, and you should be thankful to Him for that. Any weakness or shortcoming in this post is from me, and I ask The Most Glorious, and the people, to forgive me for that. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment